..Bright Punchy Lipstick

August 16, 2011


Left - "Orange Flip"  Right- "Love that Pink" (both Revlon)


I don’t know about you guys, but my world became completely void of actual lip color as soon as I came out of my experimental middle school years.  It actually makes me cringe to think that there are pictures out there of me rocking white eye-liner, blue sparkle eye-shadow, and baby pink lipstick that may or may not be lined with brown (I can’t remember who or what started that god awful trend but 11 year olds are very impressionable.. that is my excuse and I’m sticking to it).  These days my lips are lucky to get a simple swipe of Chap Stick.  Even on the rare occasion that I use a little lip gloss, its usually just a transparent pink color of some sort that closely resembles my natural lip color.  Well, I have had a major change of heart.

I love lipstick!  There is something so classically beautiful about a woman who can wear it comfortably. I think that’s one of the main reasons why it’s totally won me over; you just can’t help but have your confidence boosted while sporting the look. I was standing in CVS one day and saw this color I read about on one of my favorite blogs.  It was something I would normally NEVER look twice at but I was in the mood to step out of my element a little so I purchased the lipstick and was really pleasantly surprised.  I liked it so much I went out and got another color the next day.   Of course it’s not for every day but it definitely adds a little pep to my step on the weekends.  I am wearing Revlon’s “Love that Pink” below.

Would you rock these colors?

3 comments

  1. it looks amazing on you! I have tried a few times to wear lipstick or lip stain and I feel like I always look fake. Maybe I need to try a new color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I remember the days of the white eyeliner! I believe we even layered it above other colors sometimes. And who can forget wearing our hair in buns with layers of scrunchis (sp?) around it. Good thing our styles of have changed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just starting to try out bright lip colors and have been searching high and low for a good coral color but to no avail. I just can't help feeling like a clown or a painted hussy. I'm gunna keep trying though, but if you come across a good coral color please share!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my whole day, so go on and make it.

xx E.