..Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

September 8, 2011

September seems to be the most popular birthday month amongst my friends which means this will likely be the first of many cupcake posts so get ready for sugar! My friend Katie's birthday is this Friday but I will be traveling to NJ for the day so I'm bringing some treats into work for her a day early.  She mentioned that she loves Devil's food cake in passing, and it is a work-night so I decided to keep it simple and just prepare the boxed version of it.  I did however, make my own raspberry icing! How-to is detailed below.

You know you want me!

Ingredients

1 Box Devil's Food cake mix
3 Eggs
1 1/4 Cup water
1/3 Cup vegetable oil
24 Baking cups
1 Package cream cheese
Seedless raspberry preserves
2 1/2 Cups confectioners sugar (that's all I had left in the cupboard but you can probably add three full cups)
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
3/4 Stick of butter (again, all I had in the refrigerator but feel free to add a whole stick!)
Fresh Raspberries (optional)

Instructions

1. Prepare cupcakes as instructed on box. I wanted to take it up a notch so I filled them with preserves as well with a long thin Wilton tip and piping bag.  Just put the tip into the center of the cupcake and squeeze until a little comes through the top like this:



2. Beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla, salt, and 1/4 cup of preserves.  Slowly add the confectioners sugar cup by cup until all of it has been added in. Your frosting is now finished!  i used a 1M Wilton tip and piping bag to frost but a butter knife works just as well.


3. Top with a fresh raspberry! It's always a good idea to give a clue about what the flavor is with a little topper :)













Post a Comment

Comments make my whole day, so go on and make it.

xx E.