..Football & Brunch

October 3, 2011


I was thinking to myself one Sunday while watching my two fantasy teams both get slaughtered with Mike that this would be so much better with mimosas and my girls. This gave me the idea to mix a couple of the most manly and girly things together at once which are football Sunday and brunch. I switched out beer with mimosas, replaced Papa John’s with homemade breakfast pizza, potato chips for mini quiches and cheesecakes and nacho dip for fruit and yogurt. The end result was pretty good! I got to have a relaxing hang out with some friends I haven’t seen in what feels like months. I would definitely do it again! The recipe for the breakfast pizza is also provided below (SO easy).

No get-together is complete without a favor. I thought candy apples were the perfect seasonal pick. As an added bonus I finally was able to use my hand painted carafes and glasses given to me by my mom.

Breakfast Pizza
Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough
2 Cups mozzarella cheese
6 Slices of cooked bacon (chopped)
1 Scallion (thinly sliced)
3 Eggs
Parmesan cheese
Parsley, salt, and pepper.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out dough and place on a baking sheet (I just used a large circular throw away one). Spread mozzarella cheese, bacon, and scallions over the dough evenly, then crack the three eggs on top. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper over the top and put in the oven (the eggs will cook in there) for about 12-15 minutes (until the crust has your desired browning). All done!

Currently Coveting is also on TwitterFacebookInstagramBloglovin, and Pinterest.



1 comment

  1. Wow... Mike is a lucky man! Oh and I am SO trying to do this next weekend =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my whole day, so go on and make it.

xx E.