..Red Velvet Cookie Pies

November 10, 2011

Ingredients
1 Box red velvet cake mix
1/3 Cup vegetable oil
2 Eggs
Cream cheese frosting (you can just buy a can or make this one)

Directions

These cookies are delicious and about a 2 on the scale of 1-10 for difficulty (1 being bake and break, pre-made dough).  You can make cookies out of ANY cake batter you want if you just add 1/3 cup of veggie oil and two eggs (or a variation of that, some people add a teaspoon of vanilla or reduce the oil and add a little milk).  Just mix all ingredients together and scoop little balls of it onto a cookie tray like you would with any other batter.  I would suggest making very small portions. A little goes a VERY long way with this batter.  I use a tablespoon to scoop perfect portions. Bake at for 8-10 minutes (I take them out right at 8 for chewier cookies).  They will be a little cakey-puffy at first but will settle after a minute or two.

After they cool, spread icing on the back of one and top it with another cookie to make the pie.  Hope you enjoy this one, my coworkers seemed to love them :) 


And you have red velvet cookies!



11 comments

  1. I'm without words. Yum!

    -Ly
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! You had me at cream cheese frosting.

    I am totally going to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM lovee red velvet SO much. i wanna make pumpkin whoopiie pies for fall :)

    love kat
    www.paperdolltheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum!!! Those look so fantastic.

    xo,
    Shannon
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, these look delicious...!

    FJM

    x

    http://flapjackmelody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks amazing

    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum and yum! I think I just drooled on my keyboard

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo yum! i love all things red velvet! and these are so simple to make. thanks for sharing the recipe!

    love kelly

    www.paperdolltheory.com
    click here to enter our giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh hi erin.thank you so much for you lovely comment! :)
    your blog looks great.
    these red velvet cakes make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my whole day, so go on and make it.

xx E.